Dhaka National Medical College
established in 1994
The Dhaka National Medical College inherits her glorious predecessor the Dhaka National Medical Institute, which was established in 1925 as a part of Non-cooperation movement of the Indian Sub-continent against the British colonial rule, organized jointly by the Indian National Congress and the Indian Muslim League under the Leadership of Mahatma Gandhi, Mawlana Muhammad Ali and Mawlana Sawkat Ali.
Along with other programs the Non-cooperation movement urged upon the People of the sub-continent to boycott educational institutions established and administered by British Govt. and to establish National Schools, Colleges and Institutes for modern scientific education by the local people themselves. Accordingly two Medical Schools were established in the Bengal Province for producing National Doctors of modern medicine. One such Medical School was at Calcutta, named Calcutta National Medical Institute and the other at Dhaka, named Dhaka National Medical Institute.
The Dhaka National Medical Institute was established at Dhaka near Bahadur Shah Park on a land donated by Zamider Raghunath Das. Many Nationalist donated money for its construction & establishment. The First Governing Body of the Institute was formed under the chairmanship of a renowned scientist Sir Prafulla Chandra Roy KBE. The governing body included Nationalist leaders like Sir Khwaza Nazim Uddin KBE, former Chief Minister of the Begnal, Dr. J.C. Ghosh founder of Ayuraveda Institute, Shadhana Ausadhalya, Roy Bahadur Kashab Chandra Banarjee, Zamider Jogesh Chandra Das and prominent persons.
The National Medical family is proud for the gradual & steady development during the period of Sheikh Hasina’s Government under the Chairmanship of Advocate Kazi Firoz Rashid, MP.
Recent developments of College & Hospital :
* Valuable land expansion to build up a new student Hostel (SHEIKH RUSSEL INTERNATIONAL HOSTEL).
* Establishment of nursing institute is under process.
* Vertical extension of the academic building according to the recognized plan is completed for the Dental Unit of the college.
* Extension of clinical activities by opening the new building.
* Opening of new Department like Dental Unit, Interventional Cardiology (Cathlab), Neuro-medicine, Nephrology, Gastroenterology and Endocrinology with well equipments and efficient man power.
* Improvement and expansion of Laboratory medicine, Radiology and Imaging.
* Uninterrupted power supply by modern automated generator system both in hospital and college for 24 hours
* Central AC service is ensured in college building as a construction plan.
* New two lift in hospital building is added
Total Fees in US$ – 48,000$
1st Year Total Payment – 30,000$
Hostel Fees – Included
Indian Processing Fee – 1500$
Indian processing fee Includes – Counseling Fee, Admission, Visa, Document Translation & Travel Assistance (including one way Air ticket) to the University, Assistance in all Local registration (including Police Registration), Medical Check up Assistance etc.
The College and the attached Hospital in 53/1 Johnson Road, (Old Dhaka) Campus are accommodated in one 11 storied building 03 Floor assigned for hostel in college campus for foreign female students with arrangements for 226 inpatients & Seven 7 storied (Rent) building (Outside College Premises) with arrangements for 298 inpatients.
Students at Anwer Khan Modern Medical College experience a vibrant and safe environment. The College offers separate accommodation to male and female students. The rooms are offered on a twin sharing basis and are fully-furnished with a central heating and cooling system.