Candidates for medical school who have achieved NEET-PG eligibility and seek to enrol in PG programmes in Delhi may now submit an application for NEET-PG counselling. The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of the Government of India established the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) to oversee the NEET-PG counselling procedure for seat allocation. We will give you all the necessary information regarding MCC’s function and the NEET-PG counselling procedure for PG courses in Delhi in this article.
MCC’s Counselling Work
In Delhi, MCC is the major organisation that oversees NEET-PG counselling for the following types of PG seats:
- 50% of all seats in India Quota: All government medical schools, colleges, and universities in India, with the exception of those in Jammu and Kashmir, have seats available.
- Deemed/Central Universities: 100% of seats These seats are available at universities that were founded by a federal law or that the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act of 1956 proclaimed to be universities.
- 100% of open DNB seats are in India: The National Board of Examinations (NBE) grants the postgraduate diploma known as Diplomate of National Board (DNB) in a number of medical professions.
For Central Universities, MCC of DGHS will conduct four rounds of NEET-PG counselling: Round 1, Round 2, Mop-Up Round, and Stray Vacancy Round. All applicants who qualify for All India Quota seats based on their performance in the NEET PG exam administered by NBE will be eligible for Central University’s 50% AIQ seats.
Process of NEET-PG Counselling for Central Universities
Let’s examine the NEET-PG counselling procedure for the Central Universities in more detail, which include the
- Delhi University,
- Aligarh Muslim University,
- Banaras Hindu University,
- Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi,
- Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi Regional Institute of Mental Health, Tezpur,
- Under IP University- VMMC & SJH, ABVIMS & RML, ESIC, Basaidarapur.
Choosing a Choice and Registering of NEET-PG Counselling
Candidates should register on the MCC website and enter their personal and academic information if they want to take part in NEET-PG counselling for Central Universities. Additionally, they must provide their photo ID, NEET PG scores, and any other pertinent documents. Following registration, candidates can access their accounts, log in, and select the colleges and courses that suit their tastes.
Selection and Acceptance of Seats of NEET-PG Counselling
Taking into account the candidates’ NEET PG rankings, selections made, and available seats, MCC will announce the results of the seat allocation. Candidates can obtain their allotment letter and view the results on the MCC website. They must show up at the assigned institute by the deadline with all necessary paperwork and the admissions fee.
Reporting and Admission of NEET-PG Counselling
Candidates who receive seats should show up at the specified institute for admission and document verification. They should bring both the original and photocopies of all of their official documents, including their photo ID, NEET PG scorecard, allotment letter, mark sheets, certificates, and other pertinent paperwork. In accordance with the requirements of the institute, they must also pay the tuition and other fees.
The following reservation policy will be followed –
|Reservation Policy for AIQ seats||S.C||S.T||O.B.C.- (Non-Creamy Layer) as per the Central OBC list||EWS- as per Central Government norms||PwD- Horizontal Reservation as per NMC norms|
|Aligarh Muslim University||15%||7.5%||27%||10%||5%|
|There is no reservation for the Reservation Policy of 50% Internals seats of AMU.|
|Banaras Hindu University||15%||7.5%||27%||10%||5%|
|Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi||15%||7.5%||27%||10%||5%|
|Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi Regional Institute of Mental Health, Tezpur||15%||7.5%||27%||10%||5%|
|Central Institutes Under IP University- VMMC & SJH, ABVIMS & RML, ESIC, Basaidarapur||15%||7.5%||27%||10%||5%|