A bachelor’s degree in naturopathy and yoga sciences (BNYS) is available to students who want to learn about yoga and naturopathy while also integrating traditional basic sciences, such as human physiology, with conventional medical systems to better understand their effects and therapeutic potential.
Every Yoga and Naturopathic doctor who completes this system is expected to have an in-depth knowledge of Basic sciences, excellent clinical training, and an eye on future research and development. The course is a full-time one that is taken at numerous institutions and universities across the country. The Banaras Hindu University in Uttar Pradesh, the Govt: Naturopathy & Yoga Medical College in Anna Nagar, Chennai, and other approved institutions/colleges are just a few that provide this training.
The NEET UG Entrance Exam administered by the NTA is one option for admission to this course. Institutions and institutions may also administer their own entrance exam. Students must meet the requirements of the relevant college in order to enrol. the Indian government’s ministry of ayush. The education of AYUSH courses in India is governed by the Department of AYUSH, Union Government of India.
What is Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS)?
After finishing their higher secondary education, applicants can pursue the Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS), a 5.5 year undergraduate degree that consists of 4.5 of core coursework and 1 year of internship. The BNYS educates students to practise naturopathy by teaching them about it. It is a field of study that focuses on one’s capacity for self-healing, and yoga is a spiritual, mental, and physical practise that has its roots in ancient India. The course seeks to unite the physical, mental, and spiritual selves as well as human awareness as a whole.
Naturopathy teaches how to self-clear the body without the use of external elements like drugs or internal elements like the hormonal, immunological, neurological, and excretory systems.
Students who desire to learn about medical practise in a non-traditional way should pursue this degree. After completing their specific programme, doctors have two options: either they find employment or they enrol in Ministry of Ayush-approved programmes like the Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy or the MD in Naturopathy Medicine. Candidates have the option of starting a yoga studio, naturopathic clinics, academic career, research career, management and administration career, or drug manufacturing career.
Here are some of the course highlights of the Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (ENYS):
Name of Course: Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS)
Duration of Course: Five and a half years
Course Mode: Full Time
Minimum Academic Requirement:
The candidate must have completed the 10+2 examinations with a minimum of 50% Students must have hal physics, chemistry. sand biology as their main subjects in 10+2. The minimum score for OBC, SC, or ST students is 40% NEET may not be mandatory.
Admission Process / Entrance Process/ Entrance Modalities:
Entrance Exam NEET UG or Entrance Exam conducted by the concerned institution.
Course Fees: from Rs. 15,000 to Rs.2,00,000 lakhs
Average Salary: from Rs. 2 lakhs to R6 lakhs per year
The requirements for admission to the Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS) are described as a list of guidelines or minimal requirements, which includes:
- The candidate must have taken the intermediate Class 12 examination, or an equivalent exam, with each of the individual topics of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English being passed.
- For general category a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination
- For Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes 40% Marks
- under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (49 of 2016), the minimum qualifying marks in the said qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology shall be 40%.
- Only candidates who have reached the age of seventeen on or before December 31 of the year of admission in the first year of the course, and who are not older than twenty-five on or before December 31 of the year of entry in the first year of the system, will be admitted to the BNYS, BSMS, BUMS, and BHMS Degree Courses.
Candidates for admission to ENYS must complete a number of procedures in the admissions process. The following details the entire admissions procedure for the Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS) programme.
- The candidate must have earned at least a 50% grade in the 10+2 exams to be eligible. Physics, chemistry, and biology have to have been the students’ primary 10+2 subjects.
- For pupils who identify as OBC, SC, or ST, the cutoff is 40%.
- Both public and private colleges are offering the course. The Candidates must meet the admission standards for the relevant university.
- Candidates must visit the university’s official website and complete the application form, or visit the admission office of the university or college.
- Candidates must pass the university’s admission exam or NEET UG (if applicable).
The cost structure for the Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS) differs between authorised colleges and universities. In general, government institutes charge less, while private institutions charge more. A Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS) typically costs between Rs. 15,000 and Rs. 2 lakhs a year in tuition.
Colleges offering Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS)
The Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS) is a degree that can be pursued at a number of approved schools and universities around India. According to the website of the National Commission for Indian System of Medicine, the following recognised institutions/hospitals will be offering classes in 2022–2023.
|S. No.||State||Name of the College|
|1||ANDHRA PRADESH||Sri Pathanjali Maharshi Naturopathy & Yoga Medical College, Thimpuram||NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, Govt. of Telangana|
|2||CARE Yoga, Naturopathy Medical College, Pittalavanipalom (PO & MDL), Bapatla, Guntur District||NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, Govt. of Telangana|
|3||CHATTISGARH||Mahavir College of Naturopathy & Yoga, Nagpura, Dist. Durg||PL. Ravi Shankar University, Raipur, Govt. of Chhattisgarh|
|4||GUJARAT||Morarji Desai Institute of Naturopathy & Yoga, Karolibang, Vadodara-390008||Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar,|
|5||Maharshi Patanjali Institute for Yoga, Naturopathy Education & Research, Gujana Ayurved University Jamnagar, Gujarat||Govt. of Gujarat Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnage, Gost of Gujarat|
|6||KARNATAKA||S.D.M. College of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences, Ujire-574240(D.K.)||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Govt. of Karnataka|
|7||Alva’s College of Naturopathy & Yoga, Moodbidri – 574 227 (DK)|
|8||Govt. Nature Cure & Yoga College, PKTR Hospital, KRS Road, Mysore-570002|
|9||SVYASA College of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences, Eknath Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bhavan, Kempegowda Nagar, Bangalore|
|10||Shri J.G. Co-operative Hospital Society’s Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences College & Hospital, Ghataprabha, Gokak, Belagavi|
|11||Tapovan Medical College of Naturopathy and Yogie Sciences, Deddathi|
|12||MADHYA PRADESH||Sant Hindanan Medical Collage of Naturopathy & Yogie Sciences, Bairagarh||Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University Madhya Pradesh Ayurvigyan Vishwavidyalaya Medical College Campas, Jabalpur-482003, Madhya Pradesh|
|13||RAJASTHAN||University affiliation Govt. Recognition Vivekanand Yoga and Naturopathy College, Kaharon ki Dhani, District Skar||Dr S. Radha Krishnan Rajasthan Ayurved University, Jodhpur|
|14||Om Shiva Yoga and Naturopathy Medical College, Mangalwad Chouraha, Chittuurgarh, Udaipur,|
|15||Swasthya Kalyan Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, Lal Kothi, Tork Road, Jaipur|
|16||Jyoti Vidyapeeth Womens University Govt of Raj Estil), Jharana, Jaipur||Jyoti Vidyapeeth Womens University|
|17||TAMIL NADU||JSS Institute of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences, Navakkari, Palghat Road, Coimbatore||The TN Dr M.G.R. Malical University. Chennai, Govt. Of Tamil Nadu|
|18||Sivaraj Naturopathy and Yoga Modical College, Side Kevil Road, Thambathality Salem|
|19||Govt. Naturopathy & Yoga Medical College, Arma Nagar|
|20||S. R. K. Medical College of Naturopathy & Yoga, Packanilam|
|21||Kanyakumari Dist Excel Medical College for Naturopathy & Yoga, Nh 544, Salem Main Road, Pallakapalayam, Sankari west post Komarapalayam (T.K), Namakkal (DT)|
|22||TELANGANA||Govt. Naturopathic Medical College, Ameerpet, Hyderabad-N.T.R. University of Health Sciences||N.T.R University of Health Sciences, Vijaywada, Govt. of Telangna.|
|23||UTTAR PRADESH||Maharishi Aurobindo Subburti College & Hospital of Naturopathy & Yoga Sciences, Swami Vivekanand Subheti University, Subhartipuram||Swami Vivekanand Sabharti University, Meerat, UP|
|24||Kunwar Shekhar Vijendra Medical College of Naturopathy Yogic Sciences, Adarsh Institutional Area||Shobhit University, Gargch, Saharanpur, UP|
|25||Department of BNYS, Faculty of Ayurveda Rajeev Gandhi South Campus, Ranar Hindu University||Banaras Hindu University, Mirjapur|
|26||UTTARAKHAND||Faculty of Naturopathy & Yoga Sciences, Ras Bilar Be Subhat University||Ras Bihari Bose Subhati University. Sabhartipuram, Ketra Suntour, Nanda Ki Chowki, Prom Nage, Dehradan Uttarakhand|
Following BNYS, there are numerous job options available in both the public and private sectors. After graduation from BNYS, candidates can find employment in the managerial, academic, research, and medical fields. like-
- Naturopathy physician
- Naturopathy therapist
- Naturopath Heath supervisor
- Naturopathy consultation
- Government jobs in research centres, national institutes, hospitals, and dispensaries for the health care department. –
- Teaching jobs in naturopathy – Teacher/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
- Defence Hospitals Acupuncture Neuro-Physiology/Spa practice Nutritionist Dietician
- Speciality clinics
- Yoga specialist
- National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) under the AYUSH system of medicine and Modern Medicine.
Post Graduate Courses in Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences-These include:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy
- MD in Naturopathy Medicine
- MD in Yoga and Rehabilitation
- MA in Yoga and Journalism
- M.Sc. (Naturopathy)
- MA Yoga and Naturopathy
- MPH (Masters in Public Health),
- MHA (Master in Health Administration) and
- MBA (Hospital and Healthcare Management)
- Sports Medicine, Disaster Management, Industrial Management, Preventive and Promotive healthcare,