Everything you need to know about NITTE university
NITTE (Deemed to be) University is a private deemed university located in Mangalore, Karnataka, India. It was established in 2008 and is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The university has been named after its founder, Justice K.S. Hegde, who was a former justice of the Supreme Court of India and a former speaker of the Lok Sabha.
The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in various fields, such as engineering, management, medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, nursing, and law. The university also has a research center that conducts research in various fields, such as nanotechnology, renewable energy, and biotechnology.
The university has a sprawling campus of over 100 acres, equipped with state-of-the-art facilities such as modern classrooms, laboratories, libraries, sports facilities, and hostels for both boys and girls. The university also has collaborations with various international universities, which provide opportunities for students to participate in exchange programs and gain international exposure.
NITTE (Deemed to be) University is committed to providing quality education and is known for its academic excellence, research-oriented approach, and emphasis on holistic development of students.
In 2012, NITTE was classified as a Deemed-to-be-University, and in the same year, it launched its Communication program. Later in 2015, the university started offering courses in Architecture. NITTE has been recognized for its high standards of education and was awarded an A+ grade accreditation by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 2021.
Additionally, in the 2021 NIRF rankings, NITTE was ranked 77th among the best universities.
The three campuses of NITTE University are located in Nitte, Mangalore, and Bangalore, respectively.
Highlights of the University:
|Address||6th Floor, University Enclave, Medical Sciences Complex, Deralakatte, Mangaluru, Karnataka – 575018|
|Management||NITTE Education Trust|
|Approval/ Recognition||UGC, DCI, INC, AICTE, CoA, PCI|
|Entrance Exams Accepted||NEET/ UGC-NET/ SLET/ CSIR/ GATE/ ICMR|
NITTE University Infrastructure Facilities:
NITTE University offers top-notch infrastructure facilities to its students across all its campuses. Some of the key facilities include:
- Hostel for boys and girls
- sports facilities: indoor game facilities such as Table Tennis, Chess, and Carrom Board. Some of the outdoor sports facilities Athletic Track, Football Ground,Cricket Pitch,Basketball,Tennis,Volleyball ,Badminton Court.
- health care: It has a 1000-bed multispecialty hospital (Justice K S Hegde Charitable Hospital) and the A B Shetty Dental College Hospital.
- Gymnasium:it offers a fully air-conditioned multi-gymnasium for the benefit of its students and hostel residents. The gym is open from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM and has three professional trainers available for assistance. The gym is equipped with various machines, including treadmills, elliptical trainers, exercise bikes, rowing machines, and a comprehensive multi-gym setup, ensuring students have access to top-notch equipment for their fitness needs.
Other NITTE University Infrastructure:
- Childcare Facilities
NITTE University ensures that its students have access to world-class infrastructure facilities that support and enhance their academic and personal development.
NITTE University Collaborations:
|Penn State University, USA||Wake Forest University, USA|
|University of Minnesota, USA||University of Miyazaki, Japan|
|National University of Singapore||University of Santo Thomas, The Philippines|
|Catholic University, South Korea||Sabaragamuwa University, Sri Lanka|
|Christ Church University, UK||Plymouth University, UK|
|Ghent University, Belgium||University Paul Sabatier, France|
|University of Gothenburg, Sweden||Goethe University, Germany|
|University of Wollongong, Australia||Cleft Children International, Switzerland|
- Central Plantation Crops Research Institute (CPCRI)
- Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS)
NITTE University Courses
NITTE University Courses at UG Level:
|MBBS||5 years and 6 months.||Rs. 69,16,500|
|BDS||5 years||Rs. 20,06,500|
|B.Sc (N)||5 years||Rs.4,45,000|
|P.B.B.Sc (N)||2 Years||Rs. 1.14,050|
|B.Pharm||4 Years||Rs. 7,08,000|
|Pharm D||7 Years||Rs. 15,99,500|
|Pharm D (PB)||Rs. 6,09,500|
|BPT||4 Years 6 Months||Rs. 5,03,000|
|B.Sc (Allied Health)||4 Years||Rs. 2,72,500 to Rs. 4,02,500|
|B.Sc Biomedical Science||4 Years||Rs. 4,02,500|
|BA||4 Years||Rs. 3,22,500|
|B.Arch||5 Years||Rs. 13,27,000|
NITTE University Courses at PG Level:
|MD||3 Years||Rs. 5,78,000 – Rs. 89,64,000|
|MS||3 Years||Rs. 77,64,000 – Rs. 89,48,000|
|MDS||2 Years||Rs. 6,08,000 – Rs. 30,08,000|
|M.Pharm||2 Years||Rs. 2,61,000 – Rs. 4,11,000|
|M.Sc Nursing||2 Years||Rs. 2,06,000|
|MPT||2 Years||Rs. 4,06,000|
|M.Sc||2 Years||Rs. 2,86,000|
|M.Sc (Allied Health)||2 Years||Rs. 1,86,000 – Rs. 2,56,000|
|MHA||2 Years||Rs. 1,56,000|
|MPH||2 Years||Rs. 1,56,000|
|MA||2 Years||Rs. 1,62,000|
NITTE University Courses at Doctorate Level:
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.):
Duration: 3 – 6 Years
Ph.D Specializations Offered:
|Allied Health Sciences||–|
NITTE University Admissions:
To secure admission to NITTE University, candidates must follow the steps mentioned below:
- For admission to the MBBS and BDS programs, candidates must meet the primary eligibility criteria and appear and qualify in the NEET-UG entrance exam conducted by NTA.
- Candidates applying for the B.Arch program must clear the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by CoA or qualify in JEE-Paper II aptitude test in Architecture.
- For all other undergraduate programs such as B.Sc, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, BA, admission is based on the merit obtained by the candidates in the qualifying exams.
- Candidates willing to apply for MD, MS, and MDS must appear and qualify in the NEET PG entrance exam conducted by the NBE and undergo the counselling process that follows it.
- Admission to the M.Ch program depends on the merit obtained by the candidates in the NEET-SS exam and the counselling process conducted by NBE.
- Admissions for MPH candidates depend on their educational qualification, achievements, professional experience relevant to Public Health, followed by a personal interview.
- Admission to PG programs such as Nursing, Pharmacy, Administration, Physiotherapy, and other programs are dependent on the marks or grades obtained by the candidates in the qualifying exams.
- For Ph.D. applicants, they must fulfill the eligibility criteria and qualify in UGC-NET/SLET/CSIR/GATE/ICMR, or any other national level Fellowship examination in the concerned discipline.
After the completion of the course, NITTE University declares the results for all programs on its university results website.
NITTE University Scholarships:
Eligible and aspiring candidates can avail of fee concessions offered by NITTE University by fulfilling certain requirements. They must have scored the required marks in their qualifying exams to be considered for a scholarship.
For students who have completed their 10+2 with above 80% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, NITTE University offers fee concessions as follows:
|Percentage||Fee Structure (Per Annum)|
|More than 90%||Rs. 2,00,000|
|85% – 90%||Rs. 2,15,000|
|80% – 85%||Rs. 2,40,000|
|Less than 80%||Rs. 2,65,000|
NITTE Namaste Scholarships:
The NITTE Namaste scholarship program is exclusively offered to eligible students from the North Eastern Region of India.
Scholarships are available for the following courses offered by NITTE University:
Bachelor’s Degree Program:
|B.Pharm||B.Sc (Hons.) Biomedical Science|
|BA||B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology|
|B.Sc Respiratory Therapy||B.Sc Radiation Therapy Technology|
Master Degree Program:
North Eastern Region (NER) Scholarships:
The North Eastern Region (NER) Scholarships offered by NITTE University provide a 100% waiver of tuition fees for eligible candidates who have passed the qualifying examination. This scholarship is specifically for economically disadvantaged students from the North Eastern Region of India whose annual income is less than Rs. 4 lakh. During the admission process, candidates must submit an Income Certificate issued by Revenue Authority to prove their eligibility for the scholarship.
NITTE University Placements:
The NITTE (Deemed-to-be-University) placement cell plays a crucial role in connecting students with potential employers. It strives to ensure that all eligible and deserving candidates have access to campus placement opportunities.
The university places a strong emphasis on employability, with the goal of producing graduates who are well-prepared to enter the workforce and succeed in their chosen fields. To this end, the university offers training and development programs that aim to equip students with a wide range of skills, including communication, teamwork, leadership, critical thinking, problem-solving, and managerial abilities.
The NITTE University Placement Cell works to provide employment opportunities for students across a broad spectrum of disciplines, including Engineering, Management, Health science, and others.
The placement department of NITTE University is responsible for ensuring that students are placed in reputable companies. Its roles and responsibilities include organizing finishing school Programs that train candidates in areas such as resume preparation, mock interviews, group discussions, aptitude tests, IQ, and personality development. The department also arranges lectures, workshops, and industrial visits to help students gain the skills needed for their desired careers. Special coaching is offered for various competitive exams, and the department provides guidance to students who wish to pursue higher education. Additionally, the placement cell sends brochures, organizes campus recruitment, and pools interview drives to ensure that students have access to multiple opportunities