The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) has scheduled the Institute of National Importance Super-Specialty Entrance Test (INI-SS) for the July session on April 29, 2023. This exam takes place twice a year, in January and July, in online mode, and is used to select candidates for 365 DM, 231 M.Ch., and 29 MD (Hospital Administration) seats.
As of the latest update, AIIMS New Delhi has released the INI SS 2023 application form on their official website, aiimsexams.ac.in. Candidates can register and fill out the application form until April 4, 2023. Once they have filled out the form, candidates must pay the INI SS 2023 application fee and submit the application. The authority will then declare the status of the application and rejected applications, which candidates must complete and submit within the given deadline.
The authority will release the INI SS 2023 results for all INIs, followed by the stage I result for AIIMS applicants, and then a departmental assessment. The final INI SS 2023 result will be available on aiimsexams.ac.in. The allocation of seats will be done online, based on the common merit list (CML) and the AIIMS merit list (AML). The same process will be applied to qualified Sponsored/OCI/Foreign National category candidates, but only for seats declared and applied for in the Sponsored/OCI/Foreign National category.
INI-SS entrance exam grants admission to DM/M.Ch./MD Hospital Administration Courses at Institutes of National Importance (INI), including AIIMS New Delhi, all new AIIMS, JIPMER Puducherry, PGIMER Chandigarh, NIMHANS Bengaluru, and Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology (SCTIMST) Thiruvananthapuram.
INI SS 2023 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
Steps to filling out the INI SS application form for 2023:
- Registration: Visit the official website aiimsexam.ac.in and register for the INI SS 2023 January session by providing the necessary details.
- Filling the application form: Once you have completed the registration, you will be directed to the application form. Fill in your personal details, educational qualifications, contact information, and FMGE screening marks (if applicable).
- Uploading of documents: In the third step, you will be required to upload the documents as specified in the brochure.
- Paying the application fee: Make the payment for the INI SS 2023 application fee through Debit card/Credit card/Net banking. The fee for the application form is specified in the table provided.
INI SS 2023 application form fee
|All applicants||Rs. 4000+ transaction charges as per applicable|
|EWS, SC, OBC, ST, General||Online||Female, Male||₹ 4000|
INI SS 2023 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Institute of National Importance Super Specialty Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||INI SS|
|Conducting Body||AIIMS New Delhi|
|Frequency of Conduct||2 times a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||4000 Rs [Online]|
|Number of Seats||625 Seats|
INI SS 2023 Important Dates
|Application||Last date of online registration | Mode: Online||06 Apr, 2023|
|Application||Status of application & rejected application | Mode: Online||10 Apr, 2023|
|Application||Last date to submit the required documents | Mode: Online||14 Apr, 2023|
|Admit Card||Admit card issue date | Mode: Online||21 Apr, 2023|
|Exam||Stage I examination | Mode: Online||29 Apr, 2023|
|Result||Stage I result | Mode: Online(for all INI’s)||05 May, 2023|
|Result||Stage I result | Mode: Online(for AIIMS applicants)||To be announced|
|Assessment||Department assessment (only for AIIMS applicants)||To be announced|
INI SS 2023 Eligibility Criteria
INI SS 2023 eligibility criteria for DM/M.Ch
To be eligible for admission to DM/M.Ch. seats through the common entrance test, candidates must satisfy the INI SS eligibility criteria 2023 prescribed by the authority.
- The candidates must have fulfilled the required educational qualification, degree, and tenure by January 31, 2023.
- The information brochure specifies the educational qualification that candidates must possess.
- The authority offers age relaxation for different categories, which is detailed in the table below.
Upper age limit for DM/M.Ch. INI SS 2023
|Institute||Upper age limit|
|AIIMS New Delhi & other AIIMS||35 years|
|PGIMER, Chandigarh||45 years|
|NIMHANS, Bengaluru||37 years|
|SCTIMST, Thiruvananthapuram||40 years|
|JIPMER, Puducherry||No upper age limit|
Eligibility criteria MD (Hospital Administration)
- Candidates must have an MBBS or equivalent degree.
- Candidates must have a minimum of three years of experience in government hospitals or five years of experience in general practice.
- Candidates belonging to UR/OBC/EWS/Sponsored category must have obtained 55% in aggregate in MBBS whereas those belonging to SC/ST must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates must be registered with the Central /State Medical Registration Council.
- Candidates who have graduated from foreign universities must fill in their FMGE exam marks in the application form. In addition, the candidates must have fulfilled the necessary educational qualification, degree, and experience requirements by 31.07.2023. Those who are expected to complete their educational qualification, degree, and experience requirements after this date will not be eligible to take the examination.
INI SS 2023 Exam Pattern
The INI SS 2023 exam will consist of two stages conducted online in computer-based test (CBT) mode. Stage I will contain 80 questions that candidates must complete within 90 minutes. Each correct answer will earn one mark, while one-third mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. Stage II, which will only be for AIIMS applicants, will consist of 20 marks.
|Number of questions||80 Questions|
|Total Marks||80 Marks|
|Type of questions||Objective type of question with a single correct answer.|
|Syllabus||The question paper for the INI SS 2023 exam will include questions from the General/Basic component of the qualifying educational qualification, as well as from the sub-specialty/systems/component of the specialty/course for which the examination is being conducted.|
|Qualifying Criteria in Stage I||50 percent (%)|
Stage II: Applicable to all AIIMS only
- Candidates must secure 50% marks or more in stage I.
- Candidates must have registered online for AIIMS seats in respective specialty/course.
- Candidates fulfilling the AIIMS eligibility criteria will be called for departmental clinical/practical/lab-based assessment related to subspecialty/systems/component of the specialty/course for which the candidate has applied.
- Candidates must obtain 50% marks or more in stage I and stage II combined to qualify for AIIMS seat allocation.
INI SS 2023 Admit Card
Once the application form is submitted, the INI SS admit card for 2023 will be released by the authority. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website. The admit card will contain important details such as the exam date and time, exam center, reporting time, candidate’s name, important guidelines, and other relevant information.
It is mandatory for candidates to carry the INI SS 2023 admit card to the examination center along with a valid photo ID proof such as Aadhaar card, PAN card, driving license, or Voter ID card.
INI SS 2023 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
The course details –
- Course Start Date – 1.7.2023
- Last date for admission in the course – 31.8.2023
- Last date for the fulfillment of Eligibility for admission – 31.7.2023
Application Fee (Mode of payment: Through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking) –
- All Applicants – Rs.4000.00 + Transaction Charges as applicable (Non-Refundable)
- PWBD – Exempted
Validity of Category (OBC/EWS/SC/ST/PWBD) Certificate –
- To be considered valid, category certificates must be in Hindi/English and issued before the last date of online application registration, which is April 6, 2023. Candidates applying under OBC/EWS category must have a valid certificate issued by a competent authority for admission to Central Govt. Institutions.
- Category certificates must be uploaded on or before the application closing date.
- For OBC (NCL) candidates, the certification issue date should be within one year of the last date of application submission, which is between April 7, 2022, and April 6, 2023, inclusive.
- The EWS certificate must be valid for the financial year 2023-2024 and issued between April 1, 2023, and May 15, 2023, based on the income of 2022-2023.
To expedite the resolution of any concerns, candidates should use the “Raise a query” link on My Page after logging in. The authorities will only provide responses or clarifications through the online portal. The results for INI-SS will be published solely on the website at www.aiimsexams.ac.in.
The courses included are – DM –
- DM-Addiction Psychiatry
- DM-Cardiac Surgical Intensive Care
- DM-Cardiac-Anaesthesiology/DM-Cardiothoracic & Vascular Anesthesia/Cardiac Anaesthesia & Intensive Care
- DM-Clinical Hematology
- DM-Clinical Pharmacology
- DM-Critical Care Medicine/Critical Care/DM-Intensive Care
- DM-Infectious Diseases
- DM-Medical Genetics
- DM-Medical Oncology
- DM-Paediatric Cardiology
- DM-Paediatric Pulmonology & Intensive Care
- DM-Neuro-Anaesthesiology & Critical Care/DM-Neuro Anaesthesia
- DM-Neuroimaging And Interventional Neuroradiology/Neuroimaging And Interventions
- DM-Paediatric Nephrology
- DM-Paediatric Neurology
- DM-Pulmonary Critical Care & Sleep Medicine
- DM-Reproductive Medicine
- DM-Therapeutic Nuclear Medicine
- DM-Cardiovascular Radiology & Endovascular Interventions/DM-Cardiovascular Imaging And Vascular Interventional Radiology
- DM-Paediatric Oncology
- DM-Child And Adolescent Psychiatry
- DM-Clinical Immunology & Rheumatology
- DM-Paediatric Gastroenterology & Hepatology/Paediatric Gastroenterology
- DM-Paediatric Clinical Immunology And Rheumatology
- DM-Paediatrics Critical Care
- DM-Paediatric Haematology-Oncology
- DM-Paediatric Endocrinology
- DM-Forensic Psychiatry
- DM-Geriatric Psychiatry
- DM-Interventional Radiology
- DM-Pain Medicine 43. DM- Metabolism Medicine
- DM-Hospital Medicine & Critical Care
- MCh-Breast, Endocrine, And General Surgery
- MCh- CTVS/CVTS 5
- MCh-GI Surgery/Surgical Gastroenterology
- MCh-Gynaecological Oncology
- MCh-Head-Neck Surgery And Oncology Head & Neck Surgery
- MCh-Minimal Access Surgery & General Surgery
- MCh-Paediatric Surgery
- MCh-Plastic And Reconstructive Surgery/Plastic Surgery
- MCh-Surgical Oncology
- MCh-Trauma Surgery And Critical Care
- MCH-Cornea, Cataract And Refractive Surgery
- MCH -Renal Transplant Surgery
- MCH- Vitreoretinal Surgery
- MCH -Pediatric Orthopedics Surgery/ Pediatric Orthopedics
- MCH Joint Replacement & Reconstruction
- MCH Spine Surgery
INI SS 2023 Result
The INI SS 2023 result will be declared by AIIMS Delhi for all INI’s, as well as a separate result for stage I for AIIMS applicants. Those included in the AIIMS merit list will be invited for the departmental assessment. The final result will be announced by the authority after the completion of the departmental assessment. Candidates can check their INI SS 2023 result on the official website at aiimsexams.ac.in.
INI SS 2023 merit list
Two merit lists are published by the authority based on the performance of the candidates in stage I and stage II, which are the common merit list and the AIIMS merit list. Various factors are taken into consideration while preparing these merit lists, which are explained below.
Common merit list (CML)
- Candidates must have appeared and qualified in the stage I test.
- Qualified candidates will be assigned a rank and placed in the merit list in order of overall rank.
- The merit list will be utilized to grant admission to INI seats except for AIIMS.
AIIMS merit list (AML)
- Candidates must have appeared and qualified for stage I and stage II tests.
- Merit list of qualified candidates will be prepared considering the marks obtained in stage I and stage II combined.
- Qualified candidates will be assigned a rank and placed in the list in order of overall rank.
INI SS 2023: Tie-breaking criteria
In the event that two or more candidates score the same marks in the common entrance test, the candidate who is older in age will be given a higher rank in the merit list.
INI SS 2023 Counselling
AIIMS will conduct the counselling for INI SS 2023 in online mode, and only those candidates included in the merit list will be eligible to participate. To take part in the counselling process, candidates must register online and select their preferences for colleges and specializations. There will be a total of 3 rounds of seat allocation for INI SS 2023, after which candidates will have to select one of the following options
- Option 1.Candidates who accept the allotted institute and do not wish to participate in further rounds of INI SS 2023 counselling can choose this option.
- Option 2. If a candidate accepts the allotted institute but wishes to participate in the next round of INI SS 2023 counselling, they can choose this option.
- Yes, if a candidate chooses option 2, they will have to accept the seat allotted to them in the current round of INI SS 2023 counselling. If they do so, the seat allotted to them in the previous round will be considered vacant.