India is a popular law entrance examination that is conducted for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate law programs at various law schools across India. The test assesses a candidate’s critical thinking, analytical, and logical reasoning skills, along with their reading and comprehension abilities.
As you mentioned, the registration for the June session of LSAT-India is now open and will continue until May 26, 2023. Candidates who wish to take the exam can register on the official website of LSAT-India. The LSAT India exam is conducted twice a year, in January and June, and the June session is scheduled from June 8-11, 2023. The LSAT India 2023 January session results were announced on February 10, 2023, with scorecards available for download on the official website. Colleges that accept LSAT India scores will be reaching out to candidates shortly. The exam is scored on a scale of 420-480, with 420 being the lowest and 480 being the highest. Candidates can find information about the LSAT India 2023 exam, including the application process, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, preparation, and colleges that accept LSAT India scores.
The exam comprises 92 questions on Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension. Candidates are given 2 hours and 20 minutes to complete the exam. The test is scored on a scale of 420-480, and the scores are accepted by several leading law schools across India.
Candidates who are interested in taking the LSAT-India exam should prepare thoroughly and familiarize themselves with the test pattern and syllabus. They should also take several practice tests to get a better understanding of the exam and improve their performance.
What is LSAT India exam?
LSAT India is a standardized examination designed to evaluate the reading skills, critical thinking abilities, and informal and deductive reasoning skills of law aspirants. LSAC Global conducts this exam for admission to affiliated law colleges. The LSAT India question paper consists of 92 questions that assess Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension skills, and candidates are given 2 hours and 20 minutes to complete the exam. The scorecard of LSAT India shows a scaled score on a score band of 420-480 and a percentile rank. More than 50 law colleges in India accept LSAT India scores for admission to five-year Integrated LLB courses, three-year LLB courses, and LLM courses.
LSAT India 2023 Dates
Take a look at the table below for the complete schedule of LSAT India 2023 exam
|Dates||Upcoming Exam Dates|
|10 Nov ’22 – 26 May ’23||LSAT India 2023 June Cycle Registration Process
|17 Apr ’23 – 29 May ’23||LSAT India 2023 June Cycle Test Scheduling|
|20 Apr ’23 – 5 Jun ’23||LSAT India 2023 June Cycle System Readiness Check|
|8 Jun ’23 – 11 Jun ’23||LSAT India 2023 June Cycle Exam Days|
LSAT India 2023 Highlights
The Law School Admission Council (LSAC) conducts the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) – India as an entrance examination for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate law courses in various law colleges across India. LSAT-India serves as a selection criterion for law aspirants to qualify for admission into these courses.
|Name of the exam||Law School Admission Test – India|
|Popularly known as||LSAT India|
|Conducting body||LSAC Global (Discover Law)|
|LSAT India Exam fee||INR 3,499 discounted fees
INR 3,999 regular fees (without discount)
INR 7,998 (fee for January + June cycles)
|LSAT Exam mode||Online mode exam|
|Exam duration||2 hours 20 minutes|
|Subjects||Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension|
|LSAT India 2022 exam date||January Cycle – January 22, 2023
June Cycle – June 8 to 11, 2023
|Number of seats||UG courses – around 3,000 seats of five-year Integrated LLB courses
PG courses – around 1500 seats of three-year LLB and LLM courses
|Accepting colleges||More than 50 colleges accept LSAT India scores|
|Helpdesk no.||+91 89898 00123, +91 9518403743, +91 9315544506|
|Email Id||[email protected]|
LSAT India 2023 Eligibility Criteria: Basic Requirements
The following requirements have been specified by LSAC Global for candidates:
- A certificate of qualification examination from a recognized board of education in India or abroad, as applicable for the course.
- A certificate for reserved category issued by the competent authority, if applying under a reserved category.
- A certificate for disability, if seeking admission under the Disability category.
The basic eligibility criteria for all candidates will be verified at the LSAT India 2023 accepting colleges at the time of counseling and seat allotment.
LSAT India 2023 Eligibility Criteria for Integrated Law Courses
The eligibility criteria defined by LSAC Global for different law specializations under integrated
law courses are:
|Course name||Duration of course||LSAT India eligibility criteria|
|Integrated Law course||Five years or Six years course duration||Class 12 with any stream including, Science, Business, Arts, and Commerce.|
|BBA LLB||Five years course duration||Class 12 or equivalent
Candidates who have studied Business, Economics, Accounts and Marketing subjects should prefer to apply for this course.
|BA LLB||Five years course duration||Class 12 or equivalent.
Those who have Sociology, Political Science, and Psychology course should prefer this course.
|BSc LLB||Five year course duration||Class 12 or equivalent certificate
Candidates who have studied Science subjects in class 12 should select the course.
|BCom LLB||Five years course duration||Class 12 or equivalent.
Candidates who have studied Business, Economics, Accounts and Commerce should apply for this course.
|BTech LLB course||Six years course duration||Class 12 or equivalent certificate.
Candidates who have studied science subjects in class 12 can apply for this course.
LSAT India 2023 Age Limit Eligibility
LSAC Global allows all candidates interested in taking the LSAT—India, regardless of age, to register for and sit for the test. However, it is recommended that candidates refer to the eligibility criteria and age limits set by the law college they wish to apply to. Hence, candidates who want to gain admission to law courses based on LSAT India scores 2023 are eligible, irrespective of their age.
LSAT India 2023 Eligibility Criteria for Three-Year LLB Courses
According to LSAC Global, eligibility criteria for three-year LLB courses are as follows:
- Candidates should have completed their bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in India.
- For admission to LSAT India accepting law colleges, candidates must have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
- SC/ST/PwD category candidates need to have secured a minimum of 45% marks for admission to LSAT India accepting law colleges.
- Candidates who are awaiting results of their qualifying degree are also eligible to apply.
LSAT India 2023 Eligibility Criteria for LLM courses
The eligibility criteria for candidates applying for LLM courses through LSAT India:
- Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree in law from a recognized law college/university in India or abroad.
- They should have scored at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- For SC/ST candidates, the minimum required marks are 50% in aggregate.
- Candidates who are awaiting their bachelor’s degree results or appearing for their final exams are also eligible to apply for LSAT India 2023.
LSAT India 2023 Eligibility Criteria for Toppers Scholarship
To be eligible for the LSAT India toppers scholarship
- candidates must achieve the highest scores in LSAT India 2023.
- They must be Indian nationals.
- They must have been accepted by LSAT India associated/accepting colleges for admission to a law degree.
LSAT India Application Form 2023
The application process for the LSAT India 2023 June exam has commenced, and interested candidates can apply by visiting the official website at discoverlaw.in. The LSAT India 2023 application fee and the fees for other preparatory products are also provided on the website.
|Particulars||Introductory discounted fee (INR)||Fee without any discount (INR)|
|Registration fee for January test||INR 3,499||INR 3,799|
|Registration fee for June test||INR 3,499||INR 3,999|
|LSAC LawPrepsm Platinum collection (containing 10 practice tests)||INR 5,799||INR 6,899|
|LSAC LawPrepsm Silver Series 1 (including 3 practice sets)||10% discount on LSAC LawPrepsm in purchase with LSAT—IndiaTM exam||INR 1,999|
|LSAC LawPrepsm Gold Series 1 (including 5 practice tests)||10% discount on LSAC LawPrepsm in purchase with LSAT—IndiaTM exam||INR 3,499|
|PrepTest||No discount||INR 100|
|SuperPrep Online||10% discount on LSAC LawPrepsm in purchase with LSAT—IndiaTM exam||INR 1,199|
To apply for LSAT India 2023, the following steps should be followed:
- Registration – Click on the application link and fill in your name, email id, mobile number, pin code, and academic details in the registration form.
- Form Filling – Provide your personal information, communication details, course preferences (up to 8 choices), preferred colleges, and exam centers. Keep in mind that you can choose a maximum of three exam centers, in order of priority.
- Upload Documents – Upload a photograph and signature according to the specified guidelines.
- Pay Application Fee – The application fee can be paid online using credit or debit cards, or net banking.
Courses offered through LSAT India 2023
The law entrance is conducted for admissions to the following courses:
|Courses offered at LSAT India 2023 accepting colleges|
|BA LLB||BCom LLB|
|BBA LLB||BBA LLB (Hons)|
|BA LLB (Hons.)||BCom LLB (Hons)|
|BTech LLB||BSc LLB|
Colleges Accepting LSAT India 2023 Scores
LSAC Global has partnered with over 20 law colleges in India to provide admission based on LSAT India scores. In addition, nine other law schools also accept LSAT India scores for admission. Some of the top law colleges that accept LSAT India scores are:
|LSAT India Colleges 2023|
|O P Jindal Global University||JLU School of Law, Jagran Lakecity University||IFIM Law School|
|Vijaybhoomi School of Law||Kirit P. Mehta School of Law, NMIMS||MIT-WPU Faculty of Law|
|School of Law, UPES||Adamas University||VIT School of Law|
|Faculty of Law, Manav Rachna University||Bennett University||Alliance School of Law|
|BML Munjal University||Daksha Fellowship||Lloyd Law College|
|School of Law, Presidency University||GD Goenka University||VIT-AP University|
|Kalinga University||Asian Law College||School of Law and Constitutional Studies, SIET|
|ISBR Law College||GITAM School of Law||IILM University|
|Indore Institute of Law||Mody University||–|
LSAT India Preperation Tips
To prepare better for LSAT India 2023, candidates can follow these crucial tips for the right guidance.
- LSAT provides preparation materials on its website under the name “LSAC Prep,” which can be purchased by candidates for better preparation. The most affordable material is PrepTest, which costs INR 100.
- Candidates should check the LSAT India 2023 syllabus and LSAT question pattern 2023 to understand the types of questions that will be asked in the examination.
- Aspirants should create a timetable and follow it sincerely to devote enough time to the preparation.
- Candidates should interact with other LSAT India aspirants to understand the effective methods that they use for the law entrance test preparation.
- Reading articles related to the success stories of LSAT toppers can also be helpful in understanding the methods they used to succeed in the LSAT India exam. Links to some of these articles are available on the LSAC website.
LSAT India Cutoff 2023
LSAC Global will not release an overall cutoff score for LSAT India 2023. However, each of the law colleges associated with LSAT India will determine and release their own cutoff scores for candidates seeking admission. These specific cutoff scores will represent the minimum rank required for a candidate to be admitted into the particular law school.
Factors Affecting LSAT India Cutoff
The LSAT India cutoff may differ across colleges and courses due to several factors, including but not limited to the number of applications received, the level of difficulty of the exam, and the performance of candidates who took the exam.
LSAT India Couselling 2023
LSAC Global is not responsible for conducting LSAT India counseling for the allocation of seats in law colleges that accept LSAT India scores. Additionally, it does not publish any LSAT India merit list. LSAC Global’s only responsibility is to conduct the LSAT India exam and announce the results.
LSAT India Exam Day Guideline 2023
Here are some guidelines for LSAT India candidates to avoid difficulties on the day of the exam:
- LSAT-India can only be accessed by candidates with a laptop or desktop computer. Mobile phones cannot be used to access tests.
- Candidates should not attempt to take the system readiness check or LSAT India test on their mobile devices during their scheduled appointment, as technical teams will be unable to assist them.
- LSAT India candidates can check their system readiness for the June cycle only between April 20 and June 5, 2023.
- The LSAT India exam question paper will have four sections, and candidates must finish each section in 35 minutes as no extra time will be provided.
- Candidates may use pencils, erasers, sharpeners, and two blank sheets for rough work during the exam, but no other equipment must be kept within arm’s distance of the work area or desk/table.
- Candidates must not keep mobile phones, calculators, headphones, earphones, cameras, dictionaries, or other reference materials during the LSAT exam. These articles are also not allowed to be kept near candidates’ workspaces.
- Candidates should not use any software programmes or websites while taking the LSAT India exam.
- Candidates must take the test in a well-lit, quiet area of their home, and must not seek assistance from anyone to answer the LSAT India exam questions.
- A personal computer (desktop or laptop) with specific operating systems can be used to take the LSAT India 2023 test. Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 7 should not be used for the LSAT India exam.